Wednesday 19 March 2008

A quick check-in

Hi Everyone,

This'll do exactly what it says on the tin basically- things have been fairly quiet on the Alt.Fiction front while I've been catching up on a little 'me' time and doing a few different bits of training. In fact this is probably my first day in the office since I last posted anything!!

Things are shaping up pretty well- we've now got around 10 authors participating in the signing session, which hopefully will be a really exciting addition to the programme. It'll be taking place during the elongated lunchtime period.

I've been up for the site visit recently and that's all looking really positive- I think after the tribulations with the workshop area in past years, the '45 Suite will be an excellent venue for those. Everything else was A-OK for the day- always good to get up there relatively early.

On a slightly more unfortunate note, Stephen Gallagher has had to step back from the event due to other commitments. Naturally that will result in a change to the scriptwriting panel that I'll be looking to confirm very soon. No doubt we'll be having Stephen back again in the future.

I think that's about all there is to report for now- feel free to get in touch about the event if there's anything else that you'd like to know at all.

Thanks a lot!!

Alex

No comments: